Thursday, May 5, 2016

I Miss The Mountains

I'm trying not to whine too much about being hurt.  Really.  But it's really a shitty time not to be on my bike.  I miss mountain biking, but I really miss biking in the mountains.  I thought that just catching a glimpse of them thar hills would be enough to make me happy...


I had to head for the hills today for work, and it was nice to see such a nice view from my windshield.  Sure, I wished I was heading up there to ride.  It will be a long time before that happens, unless I really want to have broken ribs for the rest of the summer.  News flash: I don't.

I headed for the hills with mixed emotions, being happy about seeing the beautiful mountains and sad that I couldn't ride them.  To cheer myself up, I grabbed some treats and headed over to see my friends at DeFeet for a bit.  Being around other cycling folks was rure to make my day.

And I hoped to make theirs with doughnuts.

  
Of course, they let me right in the door (they always do actually.)  I chatted with my friends there and forgot about my shitty mood.  And it also helped that I got to visit my kid.

Lunchbox hard at "work" in his office.

It's nice that I get to travel a little bit for work, and even better that I get to keep my industry insider status along the way.  DeFeet has been down for me for quite a while now, so any chance I get to give back just seems like the right thing to do.

Plus, it makes me feel better.  Not "back on the bike" better, but close enough for now.


No comments: