Thursday, December 17, 2009

Welcome to Winter

It was 29 degrees when I headed to work this morning. If you live in Antarctica, or even Montana, then you’re probably wishing that it was 29. You would probably bust out the shorts and play some beach volleyball. Well, since I am a transplant from The Sunshine State, 29 degrees is pretty cold here in North Carolina. I’m not really complaining though, since the rain has stopped; for now. Starting tomorrow, they are predicting(you guessed it) more rain. However, they are also predicting that the rain could turn into snow. That is not good news for me and my trail riding aspirations. With the temperatures below freezing, and the call for heavy precipitation, it looks like I will be shit out of luck again. That kind of weather wreaks havoc on the trails around here.


Since I will be stuck inside again for the next few days, I thought I would share some more of my Internets Art Collection. Why go to a museum when you can just sit in your comfortable chair and view priceless works of art? There’s no reason not to. So, grab a hot cup of cocoa (or a cold drink if you’re at the Equator or some tropical paradise), and enjoy the show.


Although this is not a bicycle photo, I thought it was funny nonetheless. Hey, at least there are wheels on this thing (although they probably fell off shortly after this photo was taken.)




In keeping with the Christmas spirit, here we have a photo of Jolly ol’ Saint Nick in the offseason. I bet you didn’t know that Santa was an avid biker, huh?




I don’t even know what to call this next one. Is it art? You decide.




Are you a multi-sport athlete like I am? If so, then you can go for a run and a bike ride at the same time. Check it.




FedEx ain’t got nothin’ on this guy:




Okay, how exactly do you ride this thing?




Uh, giraffe bike?



A new take on a tandem bike:




Ahh, the good ol’ Penny-Farthing .



I wonder why this kid is crying?




Shit. I don’t even know what to say.




There you have it folks, another installment of my Internets Art Collection. I hope you enjoyed it. I’ll be back tomorrow if I’m not snowed in. See ya.

No comments: