Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How Do You Prepare?





Last Friday night, we here at the B-43 Worldwide headquarters were preparing to be snowed in again. Since the wise weather forecasters in our area initially said we wouldn’t get any snow, I started to think we would get blasted with the stuff. While we ended up getting a fair amount, we were most definitely not snowed in. Normal Fridays around here consist of pizza and a movie, and this past one was no exception. I decided to start the evening by digging in the beer reserves.



I “discovered” this little beauty at our local grocery chain, so I decided to pick it up. The fine folks at New Belgium Brewing came up with a new Pale Ale, and I was eager to try it. I am already a fan of their Fat Tire beer, so I knew I would like it. It was very good, with the perfect amount of hops (for all you hoppy lovers out there.) I couldn’t stop there though. I found yet another new brew to try:



This one is from the good people at Sweetwater Brewing Company, just down the road in Atlanta, Georgia. I have been a fan of their stuff for a while now, so I figured that this particular brew would be added to my list of favorites. However, I didn’t read the bottle too carefully. While I noticed that it had 9% alcohol (yay!), I must have missed that part where it said “stout.” I poured it in my mug and this is what I saw:



It looked like a glass of motor oil. While I don’t usually drink too many stouts, this one looked appealing. It had a nice aroma, and a bit of a bite to it. It was pretty good, but I wouldn’t recommend drinking more than one at a time.


After getting those two beverages in me and enjoying the quiet snowfall for a bit, it was time to get down to the pizza. We usually order it, but this time we decided to make our own. After gathering a wacky list of ingredients, we were ready. We each made our own, plus a “regular” one for the three of us. I started on mine.

Nothing unusual here, just a crust:



Next step (of course) was the sauce:



After adding some cheese, I whipped out the pepperoni. Since I don’t eat filthy swine, this pepperoni is made from turkey. While arranging them on the pizza, I decided to pay homage to the everlasting coincidence number:



Lunchbox and Little Miss Sunshine were busy too. Here we have a pie designed by the Lunchbox, complete with stuff you wouldn’t normally put on a pizza:


Yep, it has those little Goldfish crackers, Oreos, and tater-tots. Yummy.


Little Miss Sunshine went with a little healthier (and less gross) pizza. I call it “Vegetable Surprise.” It smelled really great coming out of the oven too:



We enjoyed our pizzas, and everyone was happy with the results. Why is the blog all about pizza today, you ask? Well, since my “season” is off to such a shitty start, I thought I would elaborate on my not-so normal race preparations. That could explain why I haven’t done so well in the 2010 Winter Short Track Series so far, but I don’t care. You all should know by now that I don’t take this shit too seriously. Sure, I need to ride my bike to stay sane, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have fun. I’m sure I’ll crank up the intensity as the year goes on. For now though, it’s beer and weird pizza.


Don’t worry folks, I haven’t forgotten about the “announcement” I promised last week. I haven’t decided what the hell I’m doing yet. Go figure. A box from the Big Brown Truck has arrived, and I am in a state of confusion over its contents. I wonder if I have made a mistake. I’ll tell y’all about it in due time, and hopefully get some opinions. Maybe I’ll get around to it sometime this week.

No comments: