Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Circle Is Now Complete



Yes!

Not very long ago, Little Miss Sunshine joined the 29er revolution. Her riding has improved tremendously, and there was no sign of her ever going back to small wheels. With this new love for big wheels, it wasn’t long before she became “single speed curious.” Once she sold her small-wheeled squishy bike, nothing would stand in her way.


Y’all know that I’ve been working on her new Misfit Psycles dissent AL Singlespeed 29er, and it’s pretty much done.


The final piece to the puzzle showed up while we were away on vacation.



A red SS chainring was the only thing left.

I got everything together, and the only thing I have left to do is trim the brake lines to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing.



New handlebars and a stem are on the way from a local shop, but this thing is pretty much ready to be ridden as is. After taking a few trips up and down the street, the little lady seemed to like it. She even liked the huge 20 tooth cog I put on there.



With her initial test ride deemed a success, she took it out to a local trail for some real testing (twice even.) While she is very new to single speed riding, she seemed to enjoy it very much. I’m sure that we’ll be putting a smaller cog on the back of that thing in no time.


In other news, I wanted to talk about something you may have noticed while I was away. Over there on the right, there appears to be a new entry in the “Click these and give them your money” category. If you noticed it, then you get a cookie.



Yup, I am now down with the ProGold. I had a conversation with Bruce Dickman before I went away on vacation, and he sent me the logo to put on here post haste. I put it up without mentioning it to anyone. Sorry.


What does that mean? Well, it means that I’ll be using the best damn lube in the world (I already do), and I’ll probably be talking about it a lot more. It also means that if I find any “other” chain lube stuff in the shop I’ll pour it out or donate it to charity.


There is other news forthcoming as far as support goes, but I’ll save it for next week when things may get a little slower. I’ll be back tomorrow for sure, but I have other things to discuss.


Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Bill Fucking Murray.




And on that note…


I’m out.

4 comments:

Spacecowboy11 said...

sexy cranks

eastwood said...

of course you put a red chainring on... does she actually like red, or are you just pushing your love of all that is red onto her?

although... red is faster, right?

TheMutt said...

The red stuff was all her idea, even though I suggested something else.

But yes, it is faster.

Anonymous said...

kelly's hot!!