Friday, March 1, 2013

I Had To Get Away



Work has been kicking my ass lately, so much that I’m starting contemplate a big change.  I won’t get into that now, but I guess it’s a pretty big deal.  Anyway, yesterday I decided to go to the mountains.  And for the first time in a few years, I didn’t bring a bike.




We went to a local ski resort, because I hadn’t been snowboarding in a few years.  Last year the conditions kinda sucked, so we skipped it.  The year before, well, I guess I was just too busy.  Little Miss Sunshine hadn’t been in a while either, so of course she joined me.





She doesn’t ride a snowboard though, but she does ride little tiny skis.





Growing up riding skateboards, being on a snowboard is pretty natural to me.  Well, as long as I do it regularly.  It took a couple of runs to get my snow legs back, and after that I was having a good time.





I even got to see my favorite number on the chair lift.




It was just what I needed.  My job sucks pretty bad these days, so going up to the mountains was just what I needed.  Being from Florida and all, seeing snow is still a pretty big deal to me.



Speaking of work, I’m on call this weekend.  This means that I can’t plan a damn thing, and it also means that there is a possibility that Iwon’t be able to ride my bike at all.


That just sucks.


Maybe I’ll be back here Monday.


Maybe not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're not thinking about leaving town Mr. Vice President!

Advocat