Thursday, March 21, 2013

Keepin’ It Local


Sorry, but I’m going back a couple of days for this one.


In addition to a fun day on the bikes last Saturday, we spent a little bit of time in a couple of local shops.  On the way up to ride, we hopped off the interstate to pay a visit to The Cycle Path.  We all bought a few things to support the local economy (and Mark’s rocket habit), but for some reason I couldn’t take my eyes off the jar of Stan’s boogers.




Anyway, after our ride, we decided to pay a visit to our friend Jeff, owner of First Flight Bikes in historic downtown Statesville (right around the corner from Signal Hill.) 





Yeah, I’ve been there before, but that place is always worth a visit if you’re in the area because it’s also home to the Museum of Mountain Bike Art and Technology.


Go check out the website, since I’ve already explained what it is in previous posts.


A few things have changed around there, so I got some new photos.  There’s all kinds of neat bike stuff to see.









Even if you visit there often, you’ll always see something you’ve never seen before.  On the way upstairs, a sticker strategically placed on the wall caught my eye.




The Beard and Mustache Club of NC?  I’ve never heard of such a thing.  Turns out that they are a thriving organization here in North Carolina that wants you to join them to “educate and empower the bearded, mustached, and those who appreciate facial hair.”


How awesome is that?


Way too awesome.  Maybe I should sign up.



Anyway, if you’re in the area, stop by to check out one of the most unique shops around.  You can show up with or without facial hair, but you should most definitely bring beer.


They even have some new southern glassware for you to pour it into.



No comments: