Thursday, June 18, 2015

Still Just Like Us


Just as I started getting back to “regular” blogging, something threw a monkey wrench into my plans.  I was out late on Tuesday night, which meant that I didn’t have time to get my shit together yesterday morning. So I'm behind. Again.

After I got out of work, it all started with this:


A trip to Common Market for a giant sack of beer meant that I was ready to party.  But this was no party.  A special friend was in town for a girl’s night with Little Miss Sunshine and Jana, and I sorta crashed the party (actually I was invited.) 

Who the hell am I talking about?

Our friend, pro mountain biker, and all around positive person Sonya Looney.  She’s my biggest fan.


Although she is sans socks in that photo, she is a self-proclaimed sockaholic (just like me.)  And I figured that having two very enthusiastic DeFeet supporters in the same room is something worth talking about.  Well, that and there’s not much else going on.

It was basically just a nice evening with friends.  Many of you know her as “pro mountain biker” or “famous”, but she is actually a real person and pretty damn cool to hang out with.  I mean, she even went out to dinner at a regular restaurant, just like us.



The conversations in our group were all over the place, but that’s what friends do I guess.  I really dig how motivational she is though.  It’s a constant struggle for me to stay motivated (especially during race season as you already know), so talking to her was huge for me.  Although I may seem like I don’t need any help screwing up things on my own, I really enjoy having positive people around to keep my head in the game (so to speak.)   Most of our local bike people are really cool and like family to me, and Sonya is no exception.  Well, except that she lives is Canadia now, eh.  What’s that all aboot?


Anyway, didn’t ride that day (other than indoor at TC), but spending an evening with bike friends was still more fun than anything else I do.

I know.  Who gives a shit.

No comments: