Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Awesome Weekend

I got back sorta late on Sunday and didn’t feel like getting my shit together early to write ye old blog post yesterday.  So here I am today. 

Anyway, I took off Friday for Mulberry Gap ready to have a fun weekend.  I had such a shitty day leading up to my departure that I couldn’t get there fast enough.  I rolled in just before dark, got checked in, and settled into my cozy little home for the weekend.


A lot of the folks were already there and winding down for the night, but TomTom and Emily hadn’t arrived yet.  Eastwood (yeah I linked to the blog that he never updates anymore) walked up and we decided to wait.  We grabbed some beer and I made a new friend.


They eventually rolled in and got situated for the night, and it was lights out.  I tossed and turned all night, unable to sleep for some reason.  At a little before six a.m. I was wide awake, and a few minutes later I decided to get out of bed and get myself ready for the day.

And my new friend was waiting for me.


He followed me up to the bathroom and back, and had a disappointed look when I took off up the hill to get breakfast later in the morning.  Our whole group gathered for breakfast and got to know each other a little better and discussed our ride plans for the day.  We got changed and met back up on the hill, where our special guest spoke to us and thanked everyone for coming out.


Yes, that’s Chris Sugai, the man in charge at Niner.  He flew out there just to ride and hang out with our crew of Niner Ambassadors, Ninerds, and friends.  It was a pretty big group.


We had a nice route planned and we took off as one big group.  People were there from all over the Southeast (and beyond I guess), and it was like a group of old friends getting together for a reunion. 

Then, we started climbing.



The rest of the story will be told tomorrow…


No comments: