Friday, March 17, 2017

The Long Way Home

No Fun Friday today.  I know, Who Gives A Shit. I still haz stuff to talk about from my last Florida trip.  Anyway, after having lunch/dinner with our SC crew we hit the road for Saint Augustine.  We got in town a little later than we wanted to, but it didn't matter.  The little lady wanted to see one of her favorite lighthouses at night and I wanted another beer.

We accomplished our goal...


We also had dinner (not pictured) at the best restaurant in the Nation's Oldest City, Sunset Grille.  If you're ever in town I highly recommend it.  After another long day though, we were beat.  We turned in for the night and I hoped to sleep in a little.

That didn't happen though.  The little lady wanted to get up early and go to the beach.  I somehow got out of bed and within minutes we were there to watch the sun come up.


And the beach was very relaxing...


One more stop by the lighthouse and we decided to go somewhere fun.  We took a tour at the Saint Augustine Distillery.



And the tour included drinks, so that was nice.


Not drunk at all, but we somehow ended up at a nearby farmer's market playing with goats.



That was it for Saint Augustine.  We headed out of town and took the scenic route. The little lady once again requested that we stop at the beach, this time in Jacksonville.  And once again I obliged.  No beer this time, but I did feel welcome.


It was cold but that didn't matter.  The little lady was in heaven just walking around looking for shells and shark teeth.


It was getting late at this point and we needed to get home.  We decided to make one final stop at a local grocery store to stock up on Florida beer.  We really should have grabbed a bigger cart, but Little Miss Sunshine found one in her size.


What an awesome trip.  Part work, part vacation, and all fun.  We always manage to cram in a bunch of fun wherever we go and no matter what we're doing.  I wish I could do that with my "real" job.

Have a good weekend and all that.

No comments: