Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My New Hero

I guess I kinda forgot to mention it since I was gone for quite a bit over the holidays, but I got a new toy for Christmas. Sure, Lunchbox got himself a brand new 29er, but I got something I wanted too. Santa (by way of Little Miss Sunshine and Lunchbox) provided me with something that could prove to be very useful here on the blog.



Yup, I finally got a real video camera. It’s the GoPro HD HERO, and I’m really happy to have it. What does this mean for you? Well, it means that if I actually use it I can provide some quality entertainment on here, as opposed to me just writing crap and nonsense all the time. I haven’t had a chance to ride with it yet, since (as you already know) the trails around here haven’t been rideable. I’m not sure when the inaugural video camera ride will be, but I’m hoping it’s soon.


When I finally get out on the trail, I’ll get a chance to film my pathetic riding in full high definition, and you’ll get to watch my misadventures from the comfort of your favorite computer chair. It’s a win-win for you, especially if I crash a lot and catch it on video (highly likely, you know.) Of course it has a helmet mount, but I also opted for the chest strap mount so you can feel like you’re riding along with me. Sadly, you’ll just have to imagine what it’s like for now until I can actually use it. In the meantime, I’ll be using it to capture photos of the elusive Skunk Ape Army.





Man, I can’t wait to get out riding again. Even my mechanic is feeling the effects of not riding (and drinking too much beer.)




Yup, we're officially going nutty around here now.

No comments: