Friday, September 13, 2013

Before I Go


I’m getting ready to go to Las Vegas.  You know this.  I hate flying.  You probably know this too.  All kinds of weird shit happens on airplanes.




I have a free weekend before I get out of town, and I can’t wait anymore.  I’m starting to lose it.




I haven’t been on a trail in almost four weeks.  You know, since my “accident.”  My shoulder is nowhere near one hundred percent, but I think it’s good enough for me to test it out on the trail.  So tomorrow, I’m taking my squishy fjork single speed (TK-421) out on a local trail.  It won’t be anything epic, that’s for sure.  In fact, I’m going to make sure I take it easy.  I don’t feel like I’ve lost any fitness since I’ve been hurt since I’ve still been riding on the “road” but I still need to make sure I don’t crash again.


This is just a test to see where I stand.  If I’m okay, then I’m making plans to attend an even of epic proportions.  No, not the trip I talked about yesterday


There’s a race coming up next weekend that I really don’t want to miss:



Yup, the Southern Single Speed Championships will be here before I know it.  Put on by FasterMustache, it will no doubt be a great time.  Even though I’ll be returning back from Vegas just before it, I still want to go.  I guess tomorrow’s ride (and any riding I may or may not do at the Outdoor Demo) will tell me if my shoulder can handle racing right now.  Hopefully I’ll make it down to Georgia, because last year was fun and I can’t wait to ride those trails again.


There probably won’t be a report on tomorrow’s “test ride” since I’ll be gone next week.  When I’m back from Vegas, I’m sure I’ll talk about all the neat shit I got into.  As always, I’ll probably post some updates on Twitter and maybe even Facepost stuff too.

Need something to do while I’m gone?  Check out this interview with Dan America brought to by my peeps at Drunk Cyclist.


Who is Dan America?


This guy:



Yeah, you know who I’m talking about.

Read the interview here.


Y’all don’t have too much fun while I’m gone. 

No comments: