Thursday, February 13, 2014

You Can’t Stop Me


Well, maybe you can.  Looks like I’m not going anywhere for a while.



I live on a big hill, and with all the snow that fell (plus ice and even more snow on the way) there’s no way I’m getting out of here to go to work.  Luckily, the boss is fine with that.  That’s good, because I don’t want a repeat of yesterday’s drive home.



I got to leave work early, and when I got home we got to play in the snow for a while.  The first thing I did was grab a beer.



And then we busted out the snow skateboards.  Lunchbox had a blast going down the big hill.



I couldn’t resist though, so I took the Executor out for a romp in the snow.



Since I don’t have to go anywhere, I think I’ll get up with TomTom later so we can go ride.  We have a trail that’s always open, and as of yet hasn’t been ridden in the snow.  I just have to brave the icy roads to get there (on my bike of course) and try not to bust my ass.  I can’t afford to crash, because tomorrow I leave for sunny Florida.

Yup.  In two days I’ll be “racing” in the 12 Hours of Santos.  It will be quite a change, going from freezing temps and snow to highs in the upper 60s.  I think I can handle that part, but can I handle being on my bike for twelve hours?

Tune in Tuesday to find out. 

And by the way, I’m leaving early tomorrow morning for Florida, so don’t come here expecting a Fun Friday post.

Go make your own fun.

No comments: