Monday, March 31, 2014

Just Hanging Around




Sorry.  I guess I still had some vacation photos left.  Anyway, the weekend was pretty uneventful for the most part.  I was on call for work, so I couldn't go too far.  Saturday, was shitty and full of rain, so I drove around town  shopping for camping supplies (more on that maybe next week.)  After that, it was off to The Cycle Path to hang out.

Yup, I hung out in a bike shop all day.

I didn't really feel like being out in the rain on my bike, so I didn't.  Besides, after all the traveling I've done lately it was nice to take a break.  At least I was around bikes yesterday.



Race number two of the  2014 Charlotte Youth Cycling League was held at Fisher Farm.  I was there to help, which to me is a lot better than riding sometimes.  Since the trails were still wet from rain the day before, the course was setup in the field, cyclocross style.



The kids didn't seem to mind, and other than the strong winds kicking like Bruce Lee, they were having a good time.  Watching those kids give it all they had and still having fun really makes me think about how I can do the same.

You can work hard on the bike and still have a smile on your face when it's all over.  I guess I still have a lot to learn.

Helping out at the kid's race was definitely the most fun I had over the weekend. Sure, I can't wait to get back on the trail (and even up in the hills), but sometimes it's better to give back.


It's not always about me.  Don't worry though, tomorrow will be.

No comments: