Friday, September 2, 2011

Who Needs A Plan?





I do. Especially if it can keep me from eating a shitload of donuts. For the first time in a long time, I have a free weekend. I’m not even sure what to do with it. It’s been so long since I’ve had a weekend without a race or some other kind of event to attend that I wasn’t ready for it. I’ve been thinking of a few things I can do though.


I could try that new Hillbilly Handfishing fad:




Or take a trip to the beach with my Star Wars pals:




Speaking of Star Wars, I could take my ATAT for a walk:




Perhaps my old ass can do a little skateboarding:




Or the most fun of all, drinking and driving:





While all of these things may sound very appealing, I’ll probably just get in a little bike time. Or a lot of bike time. I’m thinking of a super-long, epic death road ride on Saturday. I could stay local and do my own little Tour de Charlotte, or perhaps I can take a trip to the mountains for a little riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Or, I can grab my mountain bike and take a little bit of a road trip. Maybe hit up Kitsuma, Warrior Creek, or even head back to Uwharrie. I haven’t made any plans, so the sky’s the limit right now.


I am really undecided at this point. I know one thing: I want some two-wheeled torture. With all this free time, there’s no reason why I shouldn’t. Speaking of torture, I made another video. This time, I ran my helmet cam when I rode in the Uwharrie National Forest last weekend. I made two videos, so here’s the first one.






Watching that kinda made me feel like I was there. Oh wait, I was. I’ll save the other one for sometime next week. Oh yeah, Monday is a holiday, so I’ll be back here Tuesday. See y’all then.

No comments: