Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Burning the Midnight Lamp...




When it rains, it pours. It seems like there is so much going on lately. Even though I was at work for a half day yesterday, I decided not to post a blog. I figured I would have to save up a weekend’s worth of crap to have something interesting the next time I posted. You, my not so loyal readers, weren’t left empty-blogged, however.

I sent out an invitation to another member of the B-43 conglomerate a few days ago, in hopes that he would contribute a little more crap and nonsense to the site. Upon reading his post, I realized that I had neglected to inform the masses about the omnipresent coincidence number. I probably did everyone a favor, as it will haunt for generations. Don’t bother trying to avoid it. It’s everywhere. Embrace it. Why, just yesterday, I received some change from a purchase and I noticed something peculiar.



See? Don’t say you weren’t warned.


Getting back to all things considered normal around here, I wanted to share some of the weekend’s activities. I woke up Saturday morning and headed out to our local trail gem, Sherman Branch. I had planned on a lesiurly ride on some sweet singletrack, and then spend a little time hanging out with Middle Ring Cycles. They had a demo day at the trail, and I was pleased as punch. There was an assortment of bicycles from manufacturers like Ellsworth, Intense, and Niner, with different models to choose from. All you had to do was sign a form, and off on the trail you went. Big thanks to Brian and Rod for bringing a demo to the Charlotte area. Head over to Middle Ring Cycles to pick out your new bike. (Yeah, shameless plug, I know.)



Speaking of Middle Ring Cycles, I was really happy to find a package waiting for me when I got home Friday. I ordered my team kit from them a while back, and it takes about 8-10 weeks to get them made. At last, I can rock some team gear for the remainder of the race series. I’m really happy ride for these guys. Again, go there and give them you hard-earned cash. Click here.



Sunday was a lazy day, as most Sundays should be. Little Miss Sunshine took the Lunchbox to his Grandma’s house, so I had to whip out the lawnmower. After finishing the yard, I passed the time until her return by cleaning out the garage a bit. A while after she arrived, we packed up Goose and her yet-to-be-named KHS, and headed out to her favorite trail, North Meck. She is recovering nicely from her stress fracture, and did a great job out on the trail. She went down once, but otherwise had a great time. She was all smiles.


"I’m smiling because I have a boo-boo."

Yesterday after my half-work day, I headed up to Smallville to pick up Lunchbox for a little skate action. Our destination was Soul Ride Skatepark, our usual skate spot. It was nice to have a break from the bike for at least one day, and it was a great way to spend Labor Day.






My break from the bike will be short-lived. Tonight is another makeup race in the Charlotte Mountain Bike Series. The U.S. National Whitewater Center is next on the agenda, and I am hoping that I can turn it up a notch. I am four points away from 10th place, so I still need a strong finish to make the top ten. I could have avoided this if I didn’t miss that double-points race, but I can deal with it.


Nothing like digging yourself out of a hole, huh?
.
.
.

1 comment:

Shepherd2LostSheep said...

That wikipedia page said that the b43 was never used in anger . . . i find that funny. Testing, retaliation, or (oops! sorry about that) accidentally haven't been ruled out.