Friday, October 2, 2009

It’s Friday!


Daaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnn......

Yep, it’s finally Friday. What does that mean? Well, I can actually get out on the mountain bike this weekend. Tomorrow morning, the fam and I are rising at the crack of dark to head out to Colonel Francis Beatty Park for the IMBA Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day. The Tarheel Trailblazers, Trips for Kids Charlotte, and REI have all teamed up for a fun day. We will have a huge cookout, kid’s rides, and other fun too fun to mention. Did I mention fun? I think so. Lunchbox is ready to lend his riding expertise to the younger children, just as he does on the bi-weekly kid’s ride. Little Miss Sunshine and I will be there representing the new Tarheel Trailblazers Bike Patrol, in case anyone gets hurt or needs any other assistance. I got into mountain biking because it was fun to go fast, jump over stuff, and of course, to stay in shape. However, now there are more reasons. Working with kids to get them out riding is a huge reason I love this sport. See, I’m not just a racer boi.


As for Sunday, it’s looking like I’ll be hooking up with the Dirty Party Cycle for some bright and early singletrack action at Poplar Tent. Poplar Tent is one of my favorite trails in the area, and it is also the closest to me. The trail is tough sometimes, with a lot of climbs and sketchy downhill sections. There are also ladder drops, a teeter totter, and a slew of other features that could kill or maim you if you are not careful. That’s another reason I ride. I like danger and suffering. That’s probably also why Lunchbox or Little Miss Sunshine won’t be accompanying me to this fabulous trail. I’m hoping to get a few high speed laps in before the Sunday football action starts. I like to throw down on the grill, drink a little beer, and watch some football on the big screen. It all seems better if I get a nice ride in first. See, it’s the simple life that I enjoy most.


"We have no brains, and that's hot!"

No, not those two idiots. More like this. Doesn’t that make you feel relaxed? That’s how you start the weekend. Ease into it. It’s not really how I do it, but you get the picture. Since my life is consumed by the drug of cycling, I do things a little differently.


See ya next time, unless I get squished by a car.

.
.
.

No comments: