Friday, October 23, 2009

Super-Athlete


Remember this guy?

You would think from reading this blog that I am some kind of athlete. I swim, run, mountain bike, and road bike. I compete in triathlons, mountain bike races, 5k runs, and even do charity road rides. I work out at the gym. I guess with all of those things I could call myself athletic. This week however, I am not even close to an athlete. Hell, since the Tree Shaker 12 Hour Mountain Bike Race, I haven’t really done a great deal of anything. Yeah, I did ride last weekend at the New Trail and the Tarheel Trailblazers Kids Ride, but the mileage was so low that it doesn’t really count towards fitness. While I enjoyed those two events very much, I really need to get back in the saddle for some more productive riding time.


I haven’t been able to swim or go to the gym due to work requirements. This month I am working kind of far away from my usual swimming hole, so it has been difficult to make it there. I’ve also been slacking on the after work road rides. I had originally planned to ride last night at North Mecklenburg Park, but I didn’t make it. I was hoping that Little Miss Sunshine and Lunchbox would meet me there after work for a nice family-style ride. As usual, work gets in the way. LMS was schedule to be the “late person”, so she was unsure if she could make it. I was going to bring Goose to work with me so I could just go directly from work, but I left it in the garage. I guess I just used the “late person” thing as an excuse for my laziness. The Tree Shaker wasn’t that bad. I just need to get back into the swing of things.


In keeping with the point of this post, my new pattern of self-induced laziness is having a negative effect on my fitness. I haven’t put on any weight or anything like that, but I’m sure I would be hurting if I went out on a lengthy trail ride. I am hoping to get out sometime this weekend, possibly with the family in tow. I love seeing Little Miss Sunshine out enjoying the trails on her KHS. She has a good time, and I know she would love to get out there more. Maybe we’ll even figure out a name for her beloved new bicycle. As long as no ridiculous calls from work come in this weekend, we should be able to sneak out somewhere for a ride. I’m also hoping to cram in some Halloween-type activities (pumpkin carving, decorating, etc.) over the next two days. Like I said though, that all depends on work. I really need to get back on the bike though, before I go insane. It could happen.


“Went insane, got no brain!”

See y'all Monday. Hopefully I'll have some exciting reports. Probably not, since I will have gone insane by then. It's probably gonna rain, so I will be shit out of luck with my riding opportunities. I'll probably end up working for the man anyway. Damn it.

.
.
.

No comments: