Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Thought About Riding My Bike

But then I realized that I should take a little break.



After staying up half the night Friday, I finally got to sleep in.  I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have to get up early on a weekend for a race, trail work, or because the critters in the house needed attention.  I slept until about 10 a.m., and I woke up Lunchbox to plan our day.  It was his turn to decide what we should do, and he had been plotting this all along:





Yeah, it was Free Comic Book Day and Lunchbox likes to go every year.  It’s like trick or treating, where you walk around comic book stores and they give you select comics for free.  It’s always the first Saturday in May, and since it was also Star Wars Day (May the 4th, keep up) I decided to wear one of my favorite shirts.





I’m not into comics really, and I’m definitely not a people person.  I went because my kid wanted to go, and I did my best to have fun. 


It was kinda neat I guess.




I mean, I did get to see Chewbacca hanging out with the ladies.




And some weird chick dressed up as Squirrel Girl.



She was definitely nuttier than a squirrel turd.


Then I saw one of the strangest things of all, a Wonder Woman that was taller than me.



I mean, I’m 6’4” and she towered over me.  There was something really odd about that.  Little Miss Sunshine said that she probably wasn’t a “she.”



You never can tell these days.  Anyway, it was actually pretty fun; especially since my kid was having a good time (he brought his girlfriend along to creep her out too.)  Although I didn’t get to ride my bike, I at least got to see someone else riding a bike.




Boys Weekend was going strong, until we got home.  Lunchbox decided to head to the mall with some of his friends, so I was left at home all by myself.  I hung out in the garage for hours, tinkering with bikes and doing other random shit.  I learned that when I’m left to fend for myself, I tend to make poor choices.


Like my idea of dinner.




Luckily I’m not left alone too often.

No comments: