Monday, August 15, 2016

Long Week

Even though I posted (sorta) regularly last week, I was out of town.  I was fortunate to go on a work trip to Tennessee, and of course I brought a bike.  I got back late Saturday and I'm still recovering from lots of work, beer, and riding (in that order.)  I'll tell that story this week for sure, but for now I'll start with what I did yesterday.

Since the little lady missed me while I was gone, she suggested that we go for a ride.  I haven't been too keen on riding locally lately (for some reason), but I agreed.  I knew that getting out on the bike would be fun no matter where it was.  We rolled out to Sherman Branch, a place that I hadn't been in quite some time.  Since it was her idea to ride, I let her lead.

I was happy to spend the day chasing her.


We had a good ride, even chatting with some other riders out there.  Talking to people hasn't been high on my list of priorities lately but I definitely needed it.  I've been sorta withdrawn and antisocial as of late and I don't know why.  Maybe getting out and riding here in Charlotte was what I needed to get out of my funk.

You know, that and beer.


I had fun yesterday and last week.  I'll tell you all about it on the next post...

No comments: