Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I’m Really (Not) Lazy



But Carl is.

I wanted to be here yesterday.  I just couldn’t.  I was out for jury duty on Monday, remember?



After waiting around in a courtroom all day, I never got picked.  No big deal, but it was a wasted day.

I came back to work yesterday and things were hopping.  My day actually started at TotalCyclist, but things went downhill from there.  I’m really busy today too, but I thought I should at least make an appearance so y’all don’t forget about me.

Nothing real excited has happened around here.  Our Tuesday Night Social Ride was cancelled due to shitty weather.  I was tired, but it would have been nice to hang out with the locals and ride at a nice and easy pace.  I haven’t been around many of my mountain biking pals in a while, and honestly, I miss it.  I have been around a few people though, which has a little to do with my “other” hobby.



The little lady and I went out to Hickory last Saturday night to see some friends play some live music.  It was a nice evening, and it left me wanting to get my ass up on a stage and perform.  I’m not sure if I’m ready for all that, but I do have an invite when I am.  I discussed this opportunity with my guitar teacher on Monday and he was all for it. 

Shit.

I’m nervous just thinking about it.

I think I’ll sneak out somewhere to play at first without telling anyone.  Once I get that out of the way, maybe I’ll let some people know.  I’m not that great at playing guitar, but I would probably do okay.  Pressure of that magnitude is probably the last thing I need right now though.


So yeah, that’s pretty much it for today.  Tomorrow’s post may or may not be better, but I’m pretty sure I will be here at least.  With the Christmas holiday fast approaching, all I’m trying to do right now is get through the week.  Well, that and make final plans for a trip to Arizona.  More on that another time I guess.

No comments: