Friday, April 16, 2010

Weekend Forecast





It looks like this weekend will be chock full of cycling adventures. I’m pretty happy about that, since it’s been a while since I’ve had a whole weekend on the bike. What’s going on, you ask? Well, let me tell ya.

Tomorrow I’ll be heading over to my local mountain bike playground, Poplar Tent for a memorial ride in honor of the late Curt Andrews. Mr. Andrews (of Andrews Motorsports fame) is the man responsible for the fantastic singletrack funhouse that is Poplar Tent, which is so near and dear to us here in the Charlotte area. Since he passed away a couple of weeks ago, some of the locals suggested that we do a ride out there and stuff the donation box. The box is normally reserved for the three dollar trail fee (a bargain if you ask me), but this time we’re hoping that people give a little extra. While I’ve never met him personally, I am very grateful for such a wonderful trail, and the opportunity to ride it. It was one of the first places I rode when I moved here, and it is a local favorite for sure. My thoughts go out to the Andrews family for their loss. Come on out if you’re near the Charlotte area.


Here’s a photo from my last trip out there:



On Sunday, we are heading out to the next Tarheel Trailblazers Kids Ride. This time we’ll be heading down to Matthews, NC to ride at Colonel Francis Beatty Park. The weather looks like it will be great for this one, so I’m hoping we get a lot of riders. I’m happy to get these rides back in full swing again, and I’m sure the kids are too. We’re just doing our part to get kids outside and on bikes. These little ones are the future of our sport, so the more we can do to get them out on the trail the better.

In other news, Little Miss Sunshine has officially gone on a “real” road ride. She thoroughly enjoyed it, so it looks as if her mountain bike riding may be in danger. Watch out, Tigger.


This just in, LMS has gone the way of the roadie:



Next week I have something different in store. I know I said that I have a trip planned, and that’s still all I will say for now. I should have plenty to talk about next week when I get back. I’ll be taking a few days off from the blog, so I will see y’all back here on Wednesday. Now, go ride!

1 comment:

Spacecowboy11 said...

You need to mention less than 2 full weeks till the Summer Series where I will destroy you in the back of the pack sport class race designation.