Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things Will Get Better




But right now I feel like I’m stuck. It’s day seven of the great sickness of 2011, and I still feel like shit. Although the worst of it is behind me, I just can’t seem to shake it. Meanwhile, I haven’t been able to do much of anything. I haven’t been on a bike since last Saturday, and it’s not because I don’t want to. The weather has been nice but this death virus is still kicking my ass. I barely have the energy to walk up and down the stairs in my house, let alone enough to hop on the saddle and pedal. There is a bright side to all of this though.


All of my injuries have time to heal while I’m sick. My knees and wrist aren’t getting the shit beat outta them while I’m off the bike, and that is a good thing. My recently injured shoulder doesn’t have the stress of riding on it, so it can heal easily. If it wasn’t for being sick, I would’ve been on the bike three or more days this week. I’m working in a location that’s pretty convenient to after-work riding, plus there are a few organized night rides that I planned on attending. Being under the weather is forcing me to take it easy. I guess in a way it’s just what I needed.


In other news, I had a chance to take care of another project I’d been putting off. I gots me a new skateboard deck.







Skateboarding is up there in the header, lest ye forget.


I’m too sick to do any skateboarding, but I still wanted to get my new board setup so I could use it when the time comes. Even though it doesn’t take much effort, I couldn’t seem to find the time to do it. All I had to do was apply the grip tape, remove the trucks and wheels from the old deck, and install them on the new one. Piece of cake.





Not very exciting, I know.


I feel like shit. I can’t ride my bike. Can’t do much of anything. Damn, I haven’t even been able to drink beer. This sucks. Maybe tomorrow I’ll come back and not be such a whiny bastard. Maybe.

No comments: