Thursday, October 13, 2011

You Will Obey



Yes, I ride bikes. And, I drink beer. It is a lovely combination, and you should try it if you don’t already do so. Da udda day I went on a nice ride on my singlespeed, and it helped me get over the boredom that is my day job. With one part of my plan out of the way, I moved on to the next one.



Modus Hoperandi from the good people at Ska Brewing. Yes, it’s in a can and no, it’s not shitty beer. It is a fine, great quality India Pale Ale. Step the hell off, okay? Good beer does come in a can on occasion.


Next up, I had to do a little bicycle part replacement. An entire season of racing has pretty much worn out my grips, and made me want some new ones. Luckily, the great folks at Lizard Skins sent me a package:



See that? Worldwide, bitches.

These are the same grips I’ve been using for quite some time now, the North Shore Lock-On. In case you don’t pay attention, they will customize the lock rings with pretty much any text you want on there. They don’t just do it for Internets celebrities like me, they do it for you “regular folks.”



A side by side comparison of old and new shows you why I needed to change them:




In case you didn’t know, we love Lizard Skins here at B-43. I use their chainstay protectors, gloves, and of course their grips. If I ever make it out to their headquarters in Utah I will probably mop their floors too. If you want to be just like me you should go to their website or your local shop and get you some.


Coming up tomorrow, a look at an upcoming race. Yes, you thought my season was over, right? Well, you were mistaken. You should really pay attention.

No comments: