Monday, October 22, 2012

I Did Not Race






And I didn’t sit around all weekend drinking beer, either.


Even though I stocked up on brew (because craft beer was on sale again here locally), I fought the temptation to sit around and enjoy everything I brought home.  I also fought the temptation to enter yet another race, even though I seriously considered it.  I’m not burned out on the single speed, training, or anything like that as it turns out.  Actually, I figured out that I’ve had enough racing for the year.  It was time to go ride for fun.


Although I don’t feel like getting into all the details right now, all I can say is that it was great to get out on my bike “just for fun.”  I was all alone, the weather was perfect, and I came away with a renewed love for riding my bike.  It was just what I needed after a long, shitty season of racing.


I’ll tell you all about the ride tomorrow.  Don’t worry, I’ll probably have a lot of photos because I know y’all don’t like to read all that much.

No comments: