Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Found Some Beer





It’s always a good day around here when I stumble across beer I’ve stashed away.  Not surprisingly, sometimes I have to hide it form myself to keep from drinking it all.  In this case, I went out to check on my brewing supplies in anticipation of making another batch of home brew.  It’s been quite a while since I brewed beer, and something told me that it’s time again.  While I was checking the status of my empty bottles, I found a case of my last batch of IPA.


Damn, I can’t believe it sat there untouched for so long.  That batch was damn good too.  In fact, it was the best I’ve ever made (it was even Dicky approved.)  The thought of stashing a few bottles away so they can “mature” may have crossed my mind, but I didn’t think I actually did it.  Sometimes I surpise myself.


So, the two bottles pictured above are sitting in the fridge for a few days, and I will drink them when I’m damn good and ready (I'm ready now, by the way.)  The rest of the bottles remain untouched, to be consumed in a few weeks I’m sure.


If I recall correctly, I hopped the shit outta these.  I want to say that I continuosly added hops for an hour, and dry hopped it afterwards.  The result was a smooth, yet bitter IPA that rivals a lot of my current favorites.  I wrote down what I did (somewhere), so next time I can duplicate it.  Out of all the batches of beer I’ve even made though, this has to be the longest I’ve let them sit before drinking.  I’m really curious to find out how they taste.


Maybe you are too.


I’ll let you know.

 
Meanwhile I’m gonna keep stocking up.



No comments: