Friday, November 9, 2012

I Shoulda Stayed In Bed



This is one of those days where I feel like I shouldn’t have to go to work.  I have to make money to pay for this obsession, er hobby of mine, but I just didn’t feel like getting up today and starting my day.  It’s cold outside, and I would rather stay in bed for a while until it warms up.  I don’t have any excuses, other than the fact that I’m just a wee bit tired for no apparent reason.  It’s not like I stayed up late drinking last night or anything.


No, last night I rode my bike after work.  It was dark, I had lights, and it was fun.  I organized a group night ride at one of our local trails, which was my attempt at helping our club be a little more social.  We had a few guys show up, and we took to the trails in the cool night air for some hot night laps.  I really should do this shit every day after work.


There was something else going on last night too.  In addition to a planned night ride, there was a race at the same park.  It wasn’t on the trails though, because it was a cyclocross race.

Yeah, cyclocross.  I don’t do it, don’t have any plans to do it, but someone I know got out there to do it.



That’s Little Miss Sunshine.  Since she doesn’t have a cross bike of her own, we had to make her geared mountain bike a little more “cx friendly.”




To quote the great Han Solo, "I've made a lot of special modifications myself."  Okay, I only made one modification, and that was to put a set of cross tires on there.  It seemed to help with the handling out there in the grass, even though I think it looked weird as shit.  She dug it, and got out there to race with the rest of the dirt roadies.



It’s kinda fun to watch, but I think about cyclocross I keep looking for stuff like this:


Now, that would have been really entertaining.



It sounds like it was a busy night, but it wasn’t.  Getting out after work to ride my bike and hang out with other cycling-types is how I want to spend every evening, but unfortunately I can’t.  Maybe that can change, but for now I’m just too busy.


This weekend won’t be busy at all.  As of now, I have no definite plans.  I tentatively have two rides planned, but I’m not sure about the details right now.  Most likely it will involve riding at Backyard Trail, and hell, I could end up there both days.  There is also some trail work planned for both days that I may or may not attend. 


Shit, my weekend is filling up already.  Maybe I’ll just stay in bed where it’s safe.

2 comments:

eastwood said...

I really love how she declares "I think Joey is OK" just before the guy calls for the medic - classic!

Dwayne Hunter said...

Well, now we know who the BADASS is in the family!!! And she's rockin' skinny tires, too....

You do realize they have FREE BEER at 'cross races, right?