Friday, January 18, 2013

This Does Not Help


Back in November, I received the gift that keeps on giving.  No, not the Jelly of the Month Club.  If I had received something like that, I would’ve gone bat shit crazy.




No, it was something much, much better…


The BEER of the Month Club.


This is the second shipment (out of twelve in case you don’t know math), and I have been pleased so far.  Sure, I enjoy taking trips to the store (even sometimes by bike) to pick out my favorite beer and looking like a raging alcoholic when I get in line with tons of the hoppy stuff.  This is the easy way though.  In the middle of the month, the beer fairy stops by my house with twelve tasty microbrews for me to enjoy.  I know what you’re thinking…


Twelve beers will not last him a whole month.


You would be correct, but I still love having beer sent to me.


This totally defeats any training I might try to do, but damn it... it’s well worth it.  The more beer I drink, the more I have to ride.  And the more I ride, the more shit I need to replace on my bike.


“Where are you going with this?” you may ask.


I noticed something strange on my single speed bike when I “raced” on Sunday.  Even though I was tired from racing earlier in the day, I noticed that the pedals didn’t turn as efficiently as they should.  When I got home, I found that my bottom bracket was shot.  I tried to order one of those fancy ceramic bottom brackets to replace it, but they were out of stock.  So, while I wait for them to get their shit together, I found a replacement crankset with a shiny new (red) single speed chain ring.




It’s not the best, but it will work just fine for a while. I still plan to get a new bottom bracket (duh), and also polish the cranks to make them all fancy looking.


Kinda like this:




Although it will take me a while to get them that shiny, at least I don’t have to go without riding my SS bike.


In other news, I’m back to “racing” this weekend.  Although we’ve had a shitload of rain (and even a sighting of snow) here, Sunday should be a beautiful day.  I guess I’m looking forward to it, because I’m still racing my way into shape.  There won’t be a race report on Monday though, because I’m taking the day off.  I don’t know what I’m doing with my free time yet, but you can bet your ass that you’ll hear about it here first.


Lucky you.


See y'all Tuesday.

No comments: