Thursday, October 30, 2014

Before I Get Too Busy

I got some good feedback from yesterday’s post.  Sure, finding a cool new shop right next to some awesome out of the area trails is a great thing, but other people told me about some bad experiences they had in bike shops, pretty close to what I talked about yesterday (before I got into the good part.)  It happens, and it’s different for everyone.  I might have a shitty experience in a shop, but someone else might tell me that it’s da bomb.  I won’t mention any names, but I did see someone at the Wilkes100 that got their bike serviced at a shop here in Charlotte (that they had been to in the past), and there was a mechanical issue during the race that was directly related to said recent service.  Luckily, a few of us were able to help get this person rolling again.

I wonder if they will return to that shop for service…

I don’t do everything on my own bike (I know, shocker.)  I do most things though, but when I can’t or don’t have time to fool with it, I go to The Cycle Path.  I always get great service, even if it’s not on my own bike.


 That’s why they get a link with a picture over there to the right.  I’ve (obviously) talked about them before, and they fall in line with the whole “character” thing.  I’ts been my go to shop for quite a few years now, so I guess I’m stuck.  It just so happens that the manager there is the brother of the owner of Brushy Mountain Bicycles.  Coincidence that I like both shops?  Maybe.  I think that bike stuff must run in the family.

Anyway, enough with the bike love.  I don’t want to seem all sappy and full of feelz.  There are some things coming up this weekend that I don’t want to forget about when we roll into Friday.

First up, registration for the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek opens up THIS SATURDAY!  At 9:00 a.m., you’d better be logged in and signing up, or else you’ll be one of those sad people on the outside looking in.  This thing sells out fast, like, in minutes.  If you’re not ready, at 9:01 you might be shit outta luck. 

Don’t forget.  I'd like to see you there.

Next up is a local event held just two hours after registration opens for the 6WC. 



The Backyard Experience (or BYE) is in it’s second year, and the fine folks over there at Faster Mustache are planning a great day of riding, beer, and other fun type stuff.  Last year, we made it a huge party.


None of that will happen this year.  I mean, there’s no way we can top what we did out there last year.  I’ll be there to heckle, but there won’t be any waffle tossing or anything like that.  I’ll just watch and relax (with beer of course.)  Lunchbox does have a new costume though, so don’t expect to see a 6’5” bovine out there.  I’m not sure what else he has planned, but I taught him well.

Anyway, registration is still open, so make sure you get out there.  It will still be an awesome event, event if we don’t serve you a nutritious breakfast.

Is that it?  Nope.  The very same day, the folks up at Signal Hill are putting on a pump track jam in cooperation with our local club, the Tarheel Trailblazers.



The Pumpkin Jam should be a great time, and I plan to be there too.  I can’t be in two places at once, so I will cut out of the BYE and make my way up to Statesville sometime in the afternoon.  It will be a long day, but who gives a shit.


I’ll have more fun on Sunday too.  More about that tomorrow.  You know, because it will be Fun Friday and all that.

No comments: