Thursday, October 23, 2014

Work Work Work…

I skipped yesterday.  I do that from time to time.  I almost skipped today too, and I’m still not sure why I didn’t.  It’s not like I need to be here.

But I am.

I like this blog stuff.  People read it, some tell me they like it (or hate it), and it helps me keep track of what I’ve done or even vent a little.  Besides, I feel like I’m doing a public service by giving people something to read while they sit on the toilet in the morning.  I know that’s my prime blog reading time, so it must be yours, right?

Anyway, this week has been hell with work stuff.  Being on call isn’t usually too bad but for some reason I’ve had just about all I can handle the past few days.  On our Tuesday Social Ride da udda night, we had a pretty big crowd.  We turned on our lights and hit the trail.  The group stayed together pretty well for being so large, and we finished lap one ready for more.  I had to go to work though. 

I left while the rest of the gang kept riding.  My plan was to meet them at a local watering hole after I finished my work.  It was a great plan, since I made it to the restaurant just minutes before the group did.  We ate, shot the shit and all that, and I had to go into work again.

Shit.

This isn’t really a whiny pants fest or anything I guess.  I’ll just be glad when I am free of this after hours stuff (tomorrow morning) and can get back to wasting time on my own in the evenings.  The stress is really getting to me, mostly because it’s cutting into my bike time.  Luckily I’m able to squeeze in another stress reliever though…

Music.

My guitar room (that sounds weird) is centrally located in the house, so it’s easy to take a few minutes a play a little bit.  Our new puppy, Carl, likes to follow me around the house and really likes it when I play music.  It seems to help me relax a little bit, and it definitely helps him.



At least I have something to keep me from going bat shit crazy.

There will be none of that fun shit tonight.  I have to stay really late, possibly putting in a sixteen hour day.  I’m on a project right now that’s nearly over, but it would’ve been over much sooner if I had some help.  Instead, I’m working late into the night because during the day I get to see my coworkers read books, take naps, and be pretty much worthless. 

I can’t wait to hang out with some bike people.  Or Carl again.


One more day…

No comments: