Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Of Fun?


It should have been, except that I was on call for work.  It started out okay though.  I was home alone for a while on Friday night, and I had a chance to relax some.



I did end up having to work a little bit, but it wasn’t a big deal (I did everything remotely.)  The next day, Spring weather was in full effect.  I was happy (and not missing Florida anymore), but having to stay in town in case work called I meant that I couldn’t plan any good mountain bike rides.  So instead I rode inside at Total Cyclist.



It was better than nothing.  In fact, it was quite good.  I worked hard, and when it was all over I felt like I’d done something with my day.  I felt like I deserved a reward, so once I got cleaned up I headed over to Kickstand Charlotte for a big fat burger.

And of course a beer.



It’s not real exciting, I know.  I enjoyed it.

I spent the rest of the day washing the winter sludge off of our vehicles in the spring-like conditions.  I wished I’d taken a trip to the mountains, but it wasn’t gonna happen.  It’s been too long since I’ve been in the dirt here in North Carolina.  That needs to change soon. 

At least I was on a bike and the weather is nice I guess.

More "excitement" tomorrow.

No comments: