Friday, October 30, 2015

Fun Friday

We made it.  I am excite.


It’s Fun Friday again, and time for some (slightly) funny stuff.


Really doe, it’s time to have fun.  This weekend will be full of things and stuff, starting with tomorrow.

It’s Halloween, you know.  Get your weird on.


I usually go all out and decorate the house and hand out candy, but this year I’m not.  Since this “holiday” falls on a Saturday I’ll be out on one of the many “themed” rides in our area.  I’m gonna ride my mountain bike on a trail at night for the first time this season.  Groovy.

There’s no time for hanging out all night and partying though.  Sunday morning I have to get up all early (even with an extra hour of sleep due to daylight savings time.)  What’s Sunday, you ask?


The Big Stampede, or as I’ve been calling it the past few years, “The Big Disappointment.”  Even though it’s been nothing short of shitty the last couple of times, I keep going back.  Deals upon deal to be had on used bike stuff is what’s supposed to be happening there, but I usually end up sifting through junk I don’t need  and no one else wants.

So, why am I going this year again?  Well, I’ve been summoned by Little Miss Sunshine to be a worker bee since she’s actually selling things there.  Her arts and crafts will be on display and available for purchase, and I suggest that you check it out.  She makes cool bike art and decorations from recycled bike parts, and she’s pretty damn good at it too.

Check out her website:  The Painted Sprocket

For realz.  Her stuff is rad.  Stop by and say hi (and buy something.)

As for me, it’s time for a break.  Shortly after you read this, I’ll be unemployed for a while.  I’ll start working again soon enough, but in the meantime I need a break.  Monday morning, I’m getting out of here...

and heading back to the swamp.


I’m grabbing a tent, sleeping bag, and my bike and taking off for Florida for a while.  Camping, “mountain” biking, and visiting old friends.  It will be nice to unplug for a while and go on an adventure.  While I’m there, I’ll be looking for the elusive Swamp Cabbage Man, a.k.a. the Skunk Ape or Florida Bigfoot.  Srsly. 

He does exist.

And I won’t for a while.

See y’all when I get back…


Sometime.

No comments: