Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Weekend Is Right Around The Corner



For me, that is.  Tomorrow is a day off, and as usual I’m planning to ride my bike…a lot.  Tomorrow morning is the Bike Charlotte Mayor’s Ride, and we’re starting with our own ride.  You may remember that we did this last year.


We’re meeting up early in the morning at Queen City Bicycles, then we’ll have a group ride to meet up with the mayor and tons of other cyclists here in Charlotte.  If you’re in the area, then you should be there.  You may get a chance to meet me, which is probably high up on everyone’s bucket list.


After that, I plan to head over to Uwharrie for a little single speed action.  I need a day to myself, plus I have to really start thinking seriously about Single Speed USA.  It’s a little over two months away, and I’m not really ready for riding in the mountains of Vermont.  You can bet your ass that I am ready for the beer drinking part though.


I guess that’s it for today.  Since it’s technically my Friday, I don’t feel like going on and on about bicycle nonsense.  I already have my sights set on the weekend, and I’m rip roarin’ and ready to go.


Maybe I’ll have a Star Wars dance party.


Twister might be better.


See y’all Monday.

No comments: