Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Don’t Care That Much


I meant to do this sooner, but whatever.

You’ve heard all the stuff about that certain big bike company suing the little guy, right?

You know, this story that made giant headlines in the bike world:

Specialized pressures Canadian bike shop to change name


If you didn’t bother to read it, Dicky had a pretty good post about it yesterday.  I didn’t get involved with all the bashing on The Internets, because frankly I don’t really care either way. Sure, it’s douchey to sue a small bike shop over a name that’s used in other places (and maybe even more douchey to sue a war vet.)  Okay, I’m a veteran so maybe I kinda sorta care about that.  I don’t really give two shits about Specialized, even though my local shop sells them.  Not bashing them, I just don’t give two shits. 

I do however, give two shits about being entertained.  And this mess has been very entertaining so far.  Other than all of the comments and posts on The Internets, two of my favorites were these photos I found:




There’s nothing better than an Internet Shitstorm, and this one didn’t disappoint.  The good news?  This one seems to have a happy ending.


Not that kind of happy ending, but you get the point.

It was fun to bash (or enjoy others bashing) the big guy for a while.  And since everyone else weighed in about it, I felt like I sorta had an obligation to as well. 

Stupid blog.  Making me fell obligated.

Now, I’m gonna go find something else to entertain me.

No comments: