Monday, January 13, 2014

Much Better Than Racing

The 2014 Winter Short Track Series kicked off yesterday and for the first time in five years I didn't sign up to race. Believe it or not it was a tough decision to make, but I'm happy I skipped it.  Instead of ramping up my heart rate to near-death levels, I decided to bring a party out to the woods.  The first step was to pick up some party favors.



Although traditionally one would fill this thing up with candy, I was afraid.  I mean, who the hell would want to put candy in its ass?



It wasn't like we were gonna let anyone hit it anyway.



We got setup and waited for the next group to come through, which happened to be the ladies.  They were good sports about it too.  They raced as hard as they could with that piñata dancing around over their heads.

This just in:  Local racer Bonnie Kleffman gets all she can handle from hill-dweller Jordan Salman, in the most festive of short track races.


Next up was Sport Men, and this time Lunchbox took over the piñata controls. Dressed in his banana suit, he did a great job uh, encouraging the racers.



Even though my kid was quick, people still tried to take a whack at it.



It was a lot of fun, and no one seemed to mind our antics.  We had lots of beer, noisemakers, and other shit, and with a whole day of practice we were ready for the single speeders.  Luckily that group included some familiar faces.

Like our  DrunkCyclist teammate, Wilson.



And of course,  Dicky was there.



What a fun day.



No comments: