Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Moar Riding


Rain all week until Christmas Day.  I was busy that day (duh), but the next day of nice (yet cold) weather meant that I had to get out and ride.  Luckily I have plenty of DeFeet stuff to keep me warm, like my Thermeator socks:

Plenty warm on my foots.

Anyway, I set out for an easy twenty miles, but with no other plans for the day I ended up on a little adventure.  With the NCDOT dragging their collective asses getting the local Interstate loop completed, I decided to check it out before (if ever) it opens.



Road riding can be boring, but more importantly it can be very dangerous.  I thought that traffic would be quite shitty on the day after Christmas, but I was wrong.  Still, I almost got hit once on the regular road, so getting to pedal on a five mile stretch of traffic-free highway seemed very appealing.  I’m glad I did, since I had the whole place to myself.



I rode from one end to the other, avoiding the “real” interstate (and “real” traffic.)  It was nice and peaceful, except for those few spots that were unfinished.

Luckily I was paying attention.

I got in a nice ride, and even enjoyed being out on the road.  I was out for almost three hours, and managed not to become roadkill.  I’d call that successful “training.”

More of this stuff in the New Year?  Perhaps.  I like riding bikes again, and I plan to do a whole lot more of it.


All kinds of bikes too.

No comments: