Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It’s The Final Countdown




Oh come on, you knew this was coming. There is no better way to get ready for a big event than with some corny 80’s rock music (and video.) As cheesy at it may be, it is in fact the final countdown for the B-43 crew. In just a few days, we will be participating in the XTERRA Whitewater. I’m sure you all are as excited as we are, especially since it means that the chatter around here about this shit will soon come to an end. Are we ready? You betcha.


This past Saturday, the Dirty Party Cycle and I met up at the U.S. National Whitewater Center to get in one final lap on the course. We kept up a pretty snappy pace and followed the course exactly as the race organizer intended. The weather was perfect, the trails were in excellent shape, and our two-wheeled machines performed as they should. While we did have a pretty good time out there, my mind wandered a bit during the ride. I started thinking about the actual event, and that’s when the nerves started to get to me. Lovely.


Our ride that day was not particularly difficult, but the idea of doing an off-road triathlon there definitely had me wondering if I had made the right decision. I know I can do it, but this nervousness was shaking my confidence a bit. Mr. Shepherd, the DPC, and I have all trained hard for this, so we should be fine. I get the pre-race jitters for every event I do, so I shouldn’t be surprised that I feel like this now. Maybe the fact that it is indeed the final countdown is what’s made this a reality. I knew it would happen sooner or later.



So yeah, the nerves have officially kicked in. So much in fact, that I feel like I’m gonna lose it.

No comments: