Friday, November 1, 2013

A Whole Lotta Somethin’ Going On


Let’s cram a bunch of shit into a weekend, shall we?

Tomorrow morning, I’ll be sitting at my computer with a couple of hundred other people trying to get into the biggest event to kick off next season.


Registration opens up for the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek and I don’t want to miss it.  Last year it sold out in a little over thirty minutes, and I bet they break that record this year.  I haven’t missed one since I started, and I don’t plan to miss one now.  Feel free to log on and try to sign up too, but wait until I get in.  I mean, it won’t be worth going if I’m not there.

That’s pretty much it for Saturday.  I’ll probably start drinking beer at 9:05 a.m. either celebrating the fact that I got in or drowning my sorrows, so either way I most likely won’t be worth a damn the rest of the day.  If I’m able, I may just head to the hills on my new bike.

Maybe.

Sunday will be the busiest of days.  In the morning, I’m heading to this:


The Big Stampede has been a disappointment the last few years, but like a car wreck I just have to stop in a take a look.  The venue has changed this year (back to where it all started), so maybe I’ll have something nice to say about it this go round.  I don’t really need anything since I just built up a new bike, but you never you.

I could walk away with something I can’t live without.

I’ll have limited time to spend there, because I’ll have to high-tail it down to Fort Mill, SC for the Tarheel Trailblazers /Dirt Divas Year End Party.  I have to setup shit, run shit, and keep shit going.  There won’t be any room to slip up, so I hope everything goes smooth.

Games, rides, and a live band?

I’m ready.

So ready that I won’t be here Monday to tell you about it. 

Let’s meet back here on Tuesday, shall we?



No comments: