Friday, January 15, 2010

The Final Countdown

I’ll save you the corny 80’s video, although every time I hear the words in the title I think of that silly song. Go look it up on YouTube if you really want to see it. Anyway, I‘m talking about the final countdown to the 2010 Winter Short Track Series, which is the first race of a long season ahead. While I am filled with excitement, I am nervous, as I told you before.


I mentioned yesterday about a new sponsor in the works. While it has been official for a while, I wanted to wait until the last possible moment to announce it here. Yes, my friends, it’s time. I am proud to inform you of a new supporter for my upcoming race season. Any guesses? No? Well, it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out, since I speak of them constantly. Well, I actually speak about lots of companies, but only ones that I support with the use of their products. This particular company is passionate about cycling, and their goal of getting people riding bikes is in line with my enthusiasm for the sport.


I now have the support of Cane Creek Cycling Components in my cycling endeavors. Between my pathetic attempt at racing, the National Mountain Bike Patrol, and our local kids rides, Cane Creek has decided to give me some love this year. This is a huge honor for me, and I will do my best to support them as well. You may see lots of links to their site from now on (more than you have in the past), so be forewarned. They really are a great company and are an asset to the sport of cycling. It looks like I’ll be busy in the next week or so installing a new part on Goose that I just I received:






That’s some high-quality stuff right there. I am also ready to paint the town (so to speak) with some Cane Creek paraphernalia:



I mentioned yesterday that I might have some sort of clothing dilemma at the 2010 Winter Short Track Series. Well, I’m not sure what to wear because I currently ride with a team kit for Middle Ring Cycles, but I also now have some things to wear from Cane Creek:








I guess I’ll have to figure out some way to mix and match these things in with my stuff from Middle Ring Cycles. Like I said yesterday, I never thought I would have the issue of too many sponsors to support. I know it’s only two, but I still want to promote both of them in the best possible manner. I suppose I’ll find out on Sunday. I want to say thanks again to Cane Creek Cycling Components for supporting my inept racing adventures, and also I’ll give thanks to Middle Ring Cycles for supporting me as well. This will hopefully be a great season. I’ll give a full report on the race on Monday.

No comments: