Friday, November 4, 2011

Time To Saddle Up




I don’t ride horses, but I’m still getting ready. Once again, it’s time for the Big Stampede here in Charlotte. If you have no idea what the hell I’m talking about (usually people don’t), here is some info from the website:

What is the BIG STAMPEDE?


How about the biggest bicycle expo and swap to hit the Southeast! Big Stampede features 25,000 square feet of manufacturers, retailers, clubs/teams, and individuals buying, selling, and swapping new and used cycling and triathlon equipment. A place for YOU to sell your old gear, and buy or swap for new gear, plus a whole lot more!

I’m not in the “sell” category, but I sure as hell plan on being there. It’s like a big bicycle-themed flea market. I don’t really need any bike stuff, but I’m always down to sift through people’s used shit to find a deal on something I just can’t live without. Who knows what I’ll find.




In other news, I’m actually riding my bike this weekend. We’re having a party at one of our local trails. This will be the year-end party for the Tarheel Trailblazers and the Dirt Divas. It’s always a fun time. There will be riding, eating, beer drinking, and there are prizes to be won. Unlike most giveaways, I’m usually pretty lucky at this event. I always walk away with tons of bike-related shit I don’t need. It looks like I’ll have two days of bike junk hoarding.


Awesome.





Rest assured that when I get back here on Monday, I’ll have photos of drunken bicycle riding, errant bike parts shopping, and whatever the hell else I get into over the next two days. I somehow how to find a way to post a week’s worth of shit on here, don’t I?

No comments: