Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Don’t You…

Forget about me.



Sorry if you missed me while I was gone.  I know, you didn’t.  But if you did, I didn’t mean to be gone so long.  I had to spend the weekend in a hospital.



It’s not what you think though.  Remember that big project at work that’s been kicking my ass?  Well, it’s almost over.  We switched over to a new phone system at one of our hospitals, and I spent all night Friday and all day Saturday getting things to work.  I was back on site first thing yesterday morning, which gave me no time to blog.  So anyway, I’m back.

What did you miss?

Well, I went on The Ride Formally Known as The Mayor’s Ride on Friday morning.  Different name, same great ride, same great breakfast.



The weather was a little iffy, so the turnout was a bit low.



That didn’t stop Lunchbox from showing up as usual, and this time he got to ride with some other fixie types, namely Dicky and Kurt from Faster Mustache.



The destination was a little different this year though.  Instead of rolling right into the middle of the city, we ended up at the Government Center.



They have some weird shit up there.



As usual, Neal Boyd did all the announcing, and introduced us to many people of importance here in Charlotte that dig us cycling folks.  It was a great way to spend the morning, and I’m always happy to skip out of work to attend.  Lunchbox usually likes to go back to school afterwards, but this time he opted to stay home.  Since I had to work that night for my project, I told him I was gonna take a short nap.  We planned to hang out later, but I ended up sleeping for almost six hours.

Damn, I guess I was tired.  To be honest, I was still recovering from being sick.  I didn’t think I’d get a chance to sleep so much, but I’m glad I did.  Things are finally getting back to normal around here. 

Maybe that means I’ll get back to riding my bike soon.

See you tomorrow.  For sure this time.

No comments: