Thursday, April 3, 2014

Race Weekend

Saturday is the biggest event of the year:



After selling out in a matter of minutes, a lot of people were left out.  Not me.  I got in pretty quick, so it looks like this weekend I’ll be “racing” with over three hundred of my closest cycling friends.  Even if I didn’t feel like racing anymore, this would be the one event that I would keep doing.  It’s just that fun.  I’m never ready for it, but that doesn’t matter.  The trails are some of the most fun around for sure.  I get to ride around for six hours and suffer a little, have some socializing with good people, and walk away feeling like I did something sorta productive.

I can’t wait.  For realz.

In other news, I guess I could mention something about my supporters.  I’m back for a third season with Honey Stinger.  I dig their stuff for sure, and no doubt I’d be using it regardless of whether or not they supported me.  Since they do, I get to have yummy goodness sent right to my door.



That should get me through the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek.

Next up, is a brand new supporter.  I’ve been using their pedals for years, but now it’s official.


Pipe down, Dicky

Yeah, crankbrothers is on board with me this season.  Don’t ask me why, because I sure didn’t ask them.  I break a lot of shit, and I’ve seemed to break theirs a little less frequently than others.  Their customer service takes a bad rap, but I haven’t had an issue really.  Since I was already in the market for some new pedals, I had them send me some.



The Candy pedals went on the “race” bike, Darth  Maul:



And I figured since I had the opportunity I would try the Mallet pedals on my Enduro™ Bike, The Executor.



I haven’t ridden the Executor yet, but that will change next week.  I’m already familiar with the Candys, so it’s like nothing has changed.  Well, nothing except that they are shinier and newer.

I don’t know why they do it, but I’m thankful for my supporters. 

And yeah, this weekend is gonna be so rad.



1 comment:

Tom F. said...

G'luck this weekend. Thanks to your sponsors.
I don't race....but when I do I ride Candies my friends.