It’s been a little busy around here, but that’s nothing new. With all of the riding, running, and the shipping of Lunchbox down to Florida, I haven’t had time to tell y’all about something cool I received last week. The kind folks over at Backcountry Research sent me a nice little care package, and I’ve been waiting to share the contents of it with anyone and everyone. I opened the package, and this is what I found:
Hmmmm. I’ve seen this particular product on their website, but I didn’t really think much about it (although it did look kinda neat.) Since I now have one in my possession, I figured that it’s time to see what uses I could find for it. I opened it up for further investigation:
Well, there seems to be a lot of space in there, so I grabbed the first thing I thought of to stuff in there.
Yay, my own personal beer roll. Now, I can bring along my hoppy beverages whenever I go to a race (for post-race consumption of course.) Three pockets, three beers. It was like they made this thing just for me. I rolled it up to test out the feasibility of actually carrying around that much beer in the roll.
Uh, well, I guess that’s too much beer to carry in it. Shit. I like beer, but this was portable beer fail. At that point, I decided to check out the website to see what I could put in it. Here is what I found:
Let's face it, we all use the hell out of our specialty tools for our outdoor adventure sports. They get muddy, wet, thrown around and easily lost in the elements. Loading your tools in the Toolie Roll™ can fix all that!
• Made from a recycled rubber blend, this gives it a unique industrial worn-in look and no two are alike
• Features three fast-load large pockets giving you some slack on size and kind of tool being stored. Load, roll, lock and go!
• Fits many different sizes and styles of tools for any reason or season - Up to 10 inches length
• Protects against impact damage, elements and clanging
• The flap adds extra protection from tool shifting and when folded out provides a protective working surface to set your greasy tools on
• The cinch strap is adjustable
• High impact center release Stealth buckle keeps tools tight and eliminates spontaneous opening
• Self repair, just simply use a tire patch
• UV and ozone resistant
• 13 1/2 inches X 14 1/2 inches (unfurled/open).
• Made in Seattle - USA
Ahhh, the Toolie Roll. Looks like I should be putting tools in it then, huh? No problem. I grabbed some tools that I would normally bring along for races and such, and loaded it up. Things looked a lot neater this time:
Yes, that’s a bottle opener in there. I’m still bringing along the beer, but I’ll put it in a cooler, like normal people. Anyway, when I tried to close it this time, the results were much better:
Success! The folks at Backcountry Research have gone and done it again. Just like the Awesome Strap, they have yet another useful product I didn’t know I needed (until I tried it.) The Toolie Roll is pretty darn cool, and I’m sure I will use the hell out of it (just not for beer storage.) At the moment, it isn’t available for sale, but I’m sure it will be soon. Just keep checking the website until it is. In the meantime, go get some Awesome Straps. It looks like they still have their Whammer Deal going on, so can load up with three of your favorite Awesome Straps. What the hell are you waiting for? Even Little Miss Sunshine is rockin’ the Awesome Strap.