Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trying To Make A Plan




The upcoming race season is getting closer, so I guess it’s time to start planning. I’ve already mentioned the Winter Short Track Series, but I plan on doing a lot more than local races. I’m branching out a little more than I did last season too. After the Winter Series, I thought my first official race would be the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek. However, I got a reminder via the The Facebooks that another series I planned to race will start sooner than I expected.





Yeah, the Southern Classic Series starts before the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek. The first race will be the Shootout On Anglers Ridge in Danville, VA. You may remember that I did this race last year, so I plan to head back up north to give it another try. It was a fun race, and I guess that will be the official kick off for my season.


While looking at the calendar for the Southern Classic Series, I started trying to decide if I would enter every race. Here’s the schedule race by race, and my babbling on whether or not I’ll uh, compete.



March 13th, 2011 – Anglers Ridge, Danville, VA

Yes. I just told you I would go. Duh!


March 20th, 2011 – Hobby Park , Winston-Salem, NC

Possibly. I’ve never been there before, but I’d like to give it a shot. It’s not that far away, and I hear that the trails are nice. I’ll call this one a “maybe.”


March 27th, 2011 – Uwharrie, Troy, NC

Probably. It’s kind of in my backyard, so I most likely will make an appearance. The trails out there are fun, but it’s been a little while since I’ve been there.


April 3rd, 2011 – Tsali Knobscorcher, Bryson City, NC

With a clever and rather hilarious name like the “Knobscorcher”, it should be high on my list. However, it’s the day after Warrior Creek, so I probably wouldn’t be worth a shit if I entered. This one’s a no.


April 17th, 2011 – Stump Jump, Spartanburg, SC

I’d like to say yes for this one, but I’m not sure. I’ve never ridden down there, but if my schedule permits I may head down that way. Maybe I can convince some locals here to carpool with me.


May 1st, 2011 – Harbison State Forest, Columbia, SC.

This one is high on my list of “out of town” races to do, but I don’t know if I will. Like the others, I’ve heard good things about this trail so I’d like to try it. That makes both South Carolina races a maybe.


May 22nd, 2011 – Catawba Riverfront Classic, Charlotte, NC

This one is my local race (and a fundraiser for the Tarheel Trailblazers), so I will absolutely be there. I won it back in 2009, so I’ll be looking to get on the podium once again. After having my ass handed to me by some “questionable" Clydesdales last year though, who knows what will happen.


I’ll leave it off right here for now. I’ve gone on long enough for today, so I’ll pick it up tomorrow with the rest of the Southern Classic schedule. It’s too cold to ride anyway, so I’ll need something to talk about. See y’all tomorrow.

3 comments:

wESd said...

Give Hobby Park a try, I really enjoy the trail. If you dont know it, it can be tough to navigate with many "alternate" lines but during a race is a great time to learn the core trail

Dwayne said...

Bring your 29'er to Hobby - perfect place for it! I live about 5 minutes away...but won't be in town for the race.

TheMutt said...

Okay, I'm convinced. Hobby Park it is! Thanks y'all