Thursday, March 11, 2010

Search and Ye Shall Find

In my spare time (of which I get very little), I like to peruse the Internets. In this day and age, most people do. Of course, most of my time on the Internets is spent looking for cycling-related things, which is most likely how some of you ended up finding my blog in the first place.


During the course of my surfing, I save the various photos I find that would fit nicely in my Internets Art Collection. While I’ve found some pretty good shit, that’s not what I spend most of my time on here doing. No, I usually check out new products and news from the various companies listed over there to your left on the “Click These and Give Them Your Money” section, like Cane Creek Cycling Components, Middle Ring Cycles, Diamondback Bicycles, DeFeet International, Lizard Skins, Kenda USA, and Crank Brothers, among others. Whew, that’s a lot of links to click. Go ahead, I’ll be here when you get back.


If you’ve been around here for a while, you surely have noticed that I have a lot of love for Diamondback Bicycles, since Lunchbox and I both ride bikes from them (and I talk about them incessantly.) Well, I found a nice video featuring one of their models, the Scapegoat. Even if you don’t share my love for Diamondback, this video is still worth a looksie. Check it.


Freakish good times on the Scapegoat




That ride looks awesome, with instant death awaiting you at every turn. And yes, that kind of fun can be had on any kind of bike, so don’t feel bad that you don’t own a Diamondback. I realize that it’s not the ride of choice for most of you. You can change that though.


While this next link has nothing to do with the companies from the “Click These and Give Them Your Money” section, I still found it pretty interesting. These are trendy, hipster-type bikes, but I liked the idea. Check it out:


Build your own bike


I know, it’s not much today, but at least it’s something. The nice weather we’ve been having is gone for a while, and now I’m stuck on the Internets for cycling entertainment. Hopefully this stuff will clear up soon, since I have big plans for this weekend. More on that tomorrow.


By the way, I’d like to say thanks again to Shane at DeFeet International for giving me yet another shout-out via Twitter. My stats on here are blowing up, and I guess I know now that they are paying attention. Y’all do me a favor and show them some love by checking out their website.


World Domination? Please. It seems that we’re getting too big for our britches around here, doesn’t it? Let’s hope that the Internets don’t swallow us up.

No comments: