Monday, September 19, 2011

I Had One Left




I failed. Not on the Urban Assault Ride, but at the afterparty. After getting tons of beer tokens donated to me from various sources, I ended up leaving there with one unused one. I drank a shitload of beer, but I probably could have had one more.


The Dirty Party Cycle and I set a goal of two hours (for the race, not the beer-drinking), and I’m proud to say we came in under that. We laughed, we hauled ass, and had a lot of fun. It wasn’t good enough for the win, but that wasn’t why we were there.



Yes, beer, but I also didn’t want to miss the chance to attend a spontaneous party with bonus dancing on the stage.



And yeah, who wouldn’t want to hang out with Internets celebrity Rich Dillen. I’m sure he was hoping that George wouldn’t notice that he didn’t get the memo to wear his Bike29 shirt. Tsk tsk.

I have a lot of stuff to cover from the “race”, plus a lot of GoPro footage to go through. I guess tomorrow will be more of an Urban Assault Ride recap. We pretty much closed the place down, and the details are a bit fuzzy. It’s a good thing that Lunchbox was out there taking pictures, because some of that shit I didn’t remember at all.




Taking a pre-race quiz, looking for mystery checkpoints, riding close to 20 miles, and drinking lots of beer has taken its toll on me. It was mostly the beer though, because that’s what I’m feeling right now. I should have taken the day off. See y’all tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's bonus?