Friday, September 9, 2011

Not Feeling It



Well, I’m feeling it, but it’s not good. I’ve been a little under the weather the last few days. I don’t know why, but I guess it should be expected. I usually get sick twice a year, and it normally coincides with the change of seasons. In this case, we’ve had some lovely fall weather here in the mornings, so I was waiting to be sick. I’ll get better soon.

I need some bike time, pronto. I was supposed to go on a group ride yesterday, but it was cancelled. I was gonna go there anyway, but I wasn’t feeling up to it. I should get out this weekend though. I basically have a week’s worth of riding scheduled for Sunday, starting with my now regular road ride. We also have a kids ride in the afternoon. The only downside is that I’m on call for work again, so that might just shit on my parade. I can’t win for losing.



Even though I haven’t been riding bikes, that won’t stop me from talking about them. My friends over at Diamondback have officially joined the full squish 29er revolution. Sure, they were among the first to produce a 29-inch mountain bike (the Overdrive, which I ride), but now they are stepping it up a notch. Take a look.

This is the entry level Sortie 2 29er, which is actually setup pretty nice for "entry level."



Up next is the Sortie 3 29er, which costs a little more but is equipped with full Shimano Xt and carbon bits:



Finally, this is the Sortie Black, the top o’ the line 29er squishy bike from Diamondback. It has Shimano XTR and Fox Kashima-coated suspension. It’s pretty pricey though.




They look really nice, but I’m not sure if I’m in the market for a squishy 29er. I have the small-wheeled version of the Sortie, but after going to big wheels I don’t see the need for all that crazy suspension. Maybe if I see it in person, I will change my mind.


Speaking of seeing it in person, I have a chance to do just that. There is a big bicycle industry trade show next week in Las Vegas, and I have a chance to be there. I’ll talk more about that next week though. See y’all then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kashima coated . . . that's a good one.