Monday, September 12, 2011

Much Better




After feeling like poo for a few days and not riding my bike, I finally had a chance to make things right. Being sick sucks, but being off of my bike sucks even worse. Sunday morning I got out on my road bike for a little alone time, and I actually enjoyed it. I have a new bike accessory, and I got to use it for the first time. Unfortunately, I didn’t tale a photo of it though. The only photo I got was the one above.


I bought a mount so I can attach my Android phone to my bike handlebars. Big deal, right? Well, I thought it was pretty neat. For one, it allowed me to take that not so flattering photo while I was riding, but there’s a much bigger reason for me to have such a device. I do have a bike computer, but it tells me useless stuff like my speed and distance. I like to see much, much more when I ride. I have a few GPS apps to use for exercising, and having that information right in front of me when I ride is a huge plus.


I can see exactly what kind of pace I’m keeping, and most importantly, my exact location on a map. Why is that important, you ask? Well, now I can turn my usually boring road rides into a new adventure. Each and every time I set out for a ride, I don’t have to stick to some predetermined path. I can switch things up a bit, and make changes on the fly without getting lost. When I ride, I usually have a good idea of the local roads and such, but this can take things to a whole new level. I like having new toys.


The road ride wasn’t too exciting though. I’m glad I got out on a nice clear morning. It was a beautiful day, and there’s nothing better than starting my day out with a bike ride. I wish every day could start that way. Today I’m back at work, and that’s no way to start my day. I did more than road riding yesterday though, but since it’s Monday I’ll take it easy. I don’t feel like yapping all morning here, and you probably don’t feel like reading all morning. I’ll be back tomorrow with some of this good riding stuff. Well, I can’t promise that it will be good, but I can promise that I’ll be back.

No comments: