Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Day

I usually try to take my birthday off from work so I can go ride. Originally I wanted to go up to the mountains, but I was kinda worn out from driving back and forth to FL over the weekend (I’ll get into that tomorrow.) The backup plan was to have a big ride somewhere local, but with rain moving through overnight I knew the conditions wouldn’t be favorable.


So I went on a little greenway adventure.



It was an unseasonably warm day here in Charlotte, so that made the ride quite nice. Just like all good rides though, I made sure to bring along a tasty beverage.



Fall in North Carolina is the perfect time to go out for a bike ride.



Since it was a Monday, I had the whole place to myself. There’s nothing like a little solitude to celebrate the day you were born.



I rode for a few hours, drank some beer, and just enjoyed the fact that I survived another year on this planet. I even went to see a movie for the first time in years, which was pretty odd for me. And once again, I had the whole place to myself.


I guess that’s what old people do.


I don’t feel old, but having a day all to myself was just what I needed. The family took me out to dinner last night too, and after a day spent without anyone else around it was a good way to cap it all off.



Tomorrow, a recap of my whirlwind trip down to Jacksonville.

No comments: