Thursday, November 14, 2013

Times Like These

I'm gonna whine for a minute. You may want to go away.


This time of year sucks for me. With the time change (back to “normal” time I guess), it gets dark way too damn early. I work inside in an office all day, and by the time I go outside to head home the sun is already going down. I feel depressed about it when it first starts happening, because it feels like I have to cram all my riding into the weekend. If I don't get to ride both of those days it makes me feel even worse. I eventually get used to it, but it really sucks at first. I'm trying not to let it get me down.


I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard.




Luckily, I really enjoy night riding. Sometimes I forget how much, so I have to remind myself from time to time. Even on nights that I'm riding, I have to say “Self, shut the fuck up and quit whining. You're going for a ride in the dark.”


And just like that everything is all better.



BYT is really close to me here at work, so I can get down there pretty much any night I want. The trail is even better at night, even though I usually ride it alone. After a long day of putting up with bullshit at work it's kinda nice to be out there by myself.


I guess I really should quit whining and just ride more.



In other news, I got word yesterday that one of my supporters over there will be supporting me once again. Next season, it looks like I'll still be down with Maxxis.





Wait, I'm not getting that kind of support. I'll be riding Maxxis tires again next season, getting into who knows what kind of shit. That's good, because I really didn't want to have to ride without tires. That would make my night rides even more difficult.



I guess things ain't so bad after all.

1 comment:

Tom F. said...

Yeah Chris, it coud be worse. Rain, snow and ice. That crap pretty well limits "riding" to the freaking trainer. BYT ets you dodge the damned traffic going home. Let someone else watch the stunt driving.