Wednesday, November 12, 2014

One Of The Good Days


Not today, I have to work.  But yesterday I didn’t.  I still woke up early, since I had a class scheduled at TotalCyclist.  While I normally don’t like getting up early when I don’t have to go to work, I actually felt motivated enough to rise before the sun.  For some reason, the Winter Training Series is pretty fun.

Well, “fun” as in suffering.  I think I like to suffer, or at least I’m starting to like it again.  Starting off my day with a ride is pretty awesome, even if it is on a trainer, staring at a screen full of numbers and charts.  And you know what?  I dig it.  A lot.  I’m not sure how much of an effect it’s having yet, but I feel good when I’m in the class so that must count for something.  I’m really surprised that I like it so much, actually.

I do actually still ride my mountain bike too.  After an early morning ride, I had the day to myself.  I played my guitar, hung out with Carl, and watched a couple of shitty movies.  When the sun went down, I headed over to the whitewater park for our Tuesday Night Social.

It was rad.


Perfect weather, a fun ride with a good group of people, and sloppy Mexican food afterwards. 


Definitely a good day.

No comments: